Anna's Green Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Red kite


Today is wet, temperature around 16C, 94% humidity and a south-westerly wind. We cycled to Ilkley with the wind against us. Between Weston and Askwith I saw two birds of prey cruising above the treetops over to the north, too far to tell what they were. Then a red kite appeared up ahead and was in view for quite a while, mainly on the south side of the road, but crossing overhead once or twice. I could see how it uses its tail as a rudder. The red on its underside was clearly visible when it caught the light. This was before the rain started in earnest.

We went to JDs cycles in Ilkley and I've committed to having my bars converted from drops to flats. I'm taking the bike in next Wednesday and it'll be ready for the weekend - which is ideal as I'm busy on the writing course from Thursday to Saturday, so I can pick the bike up on Sunday, first thing. We came back from Ilkley on the main road (A65) for a change.

I've also ordered some rear panniers for our trip and some cycling shorts - not lycra. I ordered these over the internet - much cheaper.

I meant to say yesterday, the top speed I did was 34mph - not bad, eh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home