Anna's Green Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Catching up

I'm in a rush now as I have to be down at the Cattle market in Otley very soon to help prepare the Clifton Drummers' float for Otley Carnival. After the carnival procession I have to dash back here, finish packing, load up the car and set off for Laurieston Hall in Dumfries and Galloway (see link in 'McCoco' post, below).

Just found a new link for
Otley by the way, whilst looking for one on the carnival.

Last Saturday was our wedding celebration party. Gris, Peter and Becki came up for the weekend. It was so good to see them and I wished they could have stayed longer. Rob and Suzy came up from Essex too. About 40-50 people came to the party. Some of them seemed reluctant to leave when Rob, Suzy and I were clearing up at 12.30 a.m. Of course it was the teachers who didn't want to leave - I wonder if they would have responded to a bell? :-)


No time to write more, so I'll cut and paste part of an email I just sent to Mark in Oz.

I've been pottering around, keeping fit (or getting fitter anyway). Got in a panic a couple of weeksago realising that the BIG BIKE RIDE isn't far off (we leave on 26th July) so have given up using the gym equipment and am instead cycling to the gym 3 times a week (4.5 miles, mostly uphill), doing a Pilates class, having a swim and back home again (mostly downhill). Last Monday, after taking Gris, Peter and Becki to the station in Leeds, I went on a 17 mile bike ride, negotiating some very steep hills without getting off the bike. I did have to get off a couple of times, but that was due to traffic conditions. You should see my calf muscles! Still not lost any weight though!

Off on a co-counselling residential in Scotland (Laurieston Hall -– my favourite place) today, after the annual event of drumming on a float in Otley Carnival procession. Paul is playing a folk festival in Masham (Dales) and a gig with Small World Band at Bradford University. He went to Masham yesterday afternoon, came back this morning for the Bradford gig and is off again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home