Anna's Green Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fitness frenzy!

I surpassed myself yesterday. I had a physio session at Cannons at 9.00, but I got there just after 8.00, having dropped Paul off at Menston station (he was on a course in York for the day). I decided to do a gym session before physio, so I spent 10 minutes each on the cycle, treadmill and cross trainer. After physio I had over an hour to kill before the Pilates class, so I decided - on the spur of the moment, to do a cycle class. Wow, that was some workout! After 45 minutes I dragged myself of the cycle, dripping with sweat and staggered into Pilates. That was another good workout of a different kind. I'm still struggling with the core stability! It's early days though. I reckon if I go to three classes a week I may be starting to get the hang of it after a couple of months! I've discovered that there's a good Pilates class on a Monday too. Sarah, the physio, says the Thursday ones are good as well, so I'll try one of them out tomorrow.

I was very tired yesterday evening. I feel ok today, though my neck is a bit tender from the physio.

Yesterday evening I finally grasped the nettle and ordered a computer from Dell - this after about three days of research! I suddenly realised that I was behaving as if my time is worth nothing and wasting a lot of time looking for bargains - which turn out not to be bargains if you cost out the time spent looking. I ditched the idea of getting a laptop after some good advice from Aisha. I'm going to get a palmtop and folding keyboard instead for using away from 'the office' (i.e. this very small room I'm sitting in now, surrounded by bookcases and books and papers). I did wonder if I would actually use the laptop as a laptop much, or if it would be too heavy for me to want to carry it around.

Today I've taken steps towards getting some coaching sessions for myself, contacting both Julie Kay and Helen Lill. I got a lovely email back from Julie almost immediately, saying she wants to hear about my travels and suggesting I be a speaker at one of the workshops on the current Springboard programme she's running. Eeek! Still ... it's an opportunity ... How many times in the past have I passed up such opportunities, making excuses such as 'I'm not ready for that yet.' Opportunities don't always come around a second time.

Helen Lill used to work for Bradford Council - that's how I first met her. So she is living proof - if ever I doubt it - that there is life after Bradford Council!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home