Anna's Green Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Composting

I've been giving myself a hard time recently about not having done anything towards establishing my future economic productivity. Today I reminded myself that it will all fall into place. I'm following my usual pattern of accomplishing things: on the surface there may not appear to be much going on but I'm slowly working things through, thinking them over, composting. Natalie Goldberg writes about 'composting' in her book, Writing Down the Bones, and about its function in creativity. I'm sure its one of the stages in a creativity model I read about once, though it wasn't called 'composting'.

I had been putting off getting in touch with people since I came back. I'm not sure why, it just seemed difficult to take that first step. Then I had to get off my arse and get in touch with people, because I had to send out invitations to the forthcoming party that we are having (to celebrate getting married back in January). So I got over that hurdle. Of course, contacting people with a view to flagging up that I'm available for work is something different and requires a different approach.

By the end of the week I will have started work on some new goal plans for myself (the last ones I produced were very successful and got me to where I am now!) I decided this morning that I would put a message on the Fiona Harrold website to get some free coaching from one of the students, to assist in my goal-setting and also in my own return to coaching.

I will also do a first draft of a basic resume that I can send out in order to give people reasons to employ me.

I have been sticking to my health and fitness
goals and really these are integral to and inseparable from my career goals. Yesterday I went for a physio assessment at Cannons. I was impressed with the physiotherapist that I saw. She was knowledgeable, thorough, dedicated and offered a range of options. I made an appointment for an initial session on Thursday. This morning I 'discovered' an ace Pilates class, also at Cannons. It's the best one I've found since going to Jackie's class five years ago. This Pilates class will now be a regular Tuesday morning appointment.

After the Pilates class, I spent 40 minutes in the gym, including 30 on cardiovascular exercise, then swam 12-14 lengths. I rounded the Cannons session off with 10 minutes in the steam room. I prefer the steam room to the sauna. It smells of aromatic oil (I'm not sure what oil - haven't identified it yet) and the heat and steam help to relax my neck and shoulders.

I've been drinking a lot of fruit juice for the last week or so - got out the juicer and stocked up on fruit and vegetables.

This afternoon I've been doing some more research on laptop or notebook computers - trying to decide what to buy.

1 Comments:

  • Let me know the results of your research into lap tops, been awhile since I looked into buying a new one. You might find out about the new MS operating system due out soon. Mark x

    By Blogger Grump, at May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home