Anna's Green Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

Women Inspired

This has been about the 4th day in a row that the temperature has been around 20°C. Of course the temperature when I was in Oz must have averaged over 30°C, but still 20°C is acceptable. I realised yesterday that after only 2-3 days I was beginning to take it for granted. Then yesterday afternoon there were a few drops of rain and a shower earlier today. It'll be much cooler tomorrow - around 11°C is forecast.

I've been keeping fit this week. I'm practically living at the gym! Yesterday I was there for about 4 hours, including my first physio session. On Tuesday I found a good Pilates class which I want to attregularlyalry - when I can. I haven't managed to get to any other classes since Tuesday, but I have been making good use of the gym equipment, the pool, sauna and steam room.

The first physio session was painful, but not unbearably so. The pain is a necessary element of the treatment in order to free up the joints and soft tissue. Yesterday Sarah did a lot of pressure massage on my upper back. Next week she'll do some work on my shoulder. I felt a bit bruised afterwards, which is to be expected. My neck is much freer though.

I'm still trying to sort out the buying of the new computer. I visited two branches of Comet yesterday in the hope that they might have the model I'm interested in in stock (as they sell it online) but they only had very basic models. I want to try it out before I buy it.

I made a start on a resume [can't put an accent on it in this blog writer] the other day and I've been thinking about goals. Getting fit and losing weight is one of them. I feel embarassed about this as if it's somehow a paltry, insignificant, narcissistic goal. It is important though. As a coach I need to present the image of someone who can 'walk their talk'.

I've been in touch with Worcnet (networking group for women working in North Yorkshire) and have booked myself onto some events. There's a networking day coming up in a couple of weeks - 'Women Inspired 3'. I went to the second of these last year and it inspired me then! I've met some good people through Worcnet and got to do the Springboard course and meet Julie Kay as a result. Julie was the first Life Coach I ever came across. This was about 6-7 years ago, when I received a flyer (through Bradford Women's Business Group I think) advertising a course she was doing. I didn't go on the course, but I did sign up for her newsletter and received it for a couple of years. Julie is an inspirational woman.

On Wednesday I went for a walk up Otley Chevin. I decided to revisit the route I used to take when I first 'discovered' Otley Chevin 20 years ago or more. This takes you straight up the front of the Chevin. Paul says he's never done this route! The link above refers to part of the walk I did, but I missed the tea rooms and just did the straight ascent. It is very steep! I met a man from Barnoldswick coming down who complained that the steps are made for giants. I stopped and talked to him for a while - about walking, ancient civilisations, Egypt, Thailand, Australia - which gave me a break. It wasn't far from to the top then. Up on the ridge I spent a while relaxing in a field and looking at the view. Our house is visible from up there. I walked back down a footpath and out onto the East Chevin Road, back down into Otley and home. I got home at the same time as Paul, who had cycled to work that day. He cycled again today.

1 Comments:

  • I do miss those walks through the English countryside, thanks for the word picture and thanks for the postcard. I imagine you sitting up on that rock looking down to the valley. Cheers Mark, Kim, Kids

    By Blogger Grump, at May 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home