Anna's Green Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Meditative

I have had a wonderfully relaxed and meditative day today. This comes after a week of closeting myself away in the house (no Pilates classes, no cycle rides) with the intention of writing a piece for Mslexia on the theme of 'travel'. Typically I left it until the last minute, having known about the 30 June deadline for two months. Why do I put myself through it like this? In the end I wouldn't have got it in but for Paul's encouragement. He came home early yesterday with a headache and found that now he had two headaches - me being one. I was getting a little overwrought and distraught by 3.00 p.m. yesterday afternoon. After frantically typing a few lines to join the various bits of my random narrative together and then printing it out ( (having to replace the print cartridge in the middle of this) I got to the Post Office in the nick of time, just as the mail van arrived to take the mail, and I paid for special, next day guaranteed, delivery. In the end the piece went in more-or-less unedited so I don't expect publication, but Mslexia do promise to give feedback.

I have spent the day relaxing and doing some meditative journal writing. I have been giving myself a hard time lately about not doing enough work on my business plans, not setting goals, etc. Why? Anyone would think I had a work ethic! I'll do everything that needs to be done, all in good time.

Today, I have resolved to devote time to writing daily. I had resolved to do this when I got back from my travels - even if was only the daily 'morning pages'. I haven't done it. Yesterday I was vowing never to write again: 'it's soooo painful!' I wailed at Paul, in anguish. I really was in anguish. But that was then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home